Give with us on Tuesday November 28! You could win prizes.
Join us for #SNACKGiveAndGo by giving the gift of fitness!
SNACK provides fitness opportunities and nutrition education to children and families in Yamhill County. In our fitness program, we host exercise-based events and partner with local organizations to provide youth and families free access to a variety of physical activities.
In 2017, we cultivated local fitness opportunities for over 500 kids and their families in Yamhill County. You can help us continue this program in 2018 and beyond. Give a gift at crowdrise.com/snackgiveandgo.
Meet Sofia. In August, she had the opportunity to participate in the Portland 5K Bubble Run with family, friends, and SNACK program mentors. This would not have been possible without generous support from community members and organizations.
Our SNACK fitness program includes free offerings for our enrolled families, including:
- Get Active In Nature (GAINS) Outdoor Run Club 1x per week spring/summer/fall
- Soccer club 1x per week summer
- Day hikes 1x per month summer
- Fun runs in October and April
- SNACK Pass: participants earn passes to the McMinnville Aquatic Center and Community Center
- After school physical activities for Kids On the Block and Dayton Activities for Student Health
- And we have so much more we want to do in the future!
Here are a few examples of what your gift today can buy:
$10 provides a child the chance to take a yoga class
$50 provides a child the opportunity to try gymnastics for the first time
$100 provides transportation for 20 children to go on a day hike together
#SNACKGiveAndGo is a movement that represents the impact each person can make on their own well-being, and that of their loved ones, now and in the future. It’s a movement that reminds us we are not alone in our journey to healthy living, that together we can create opportunities to reach our goals.